Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bonjour Nani.....



So here I am agonizing for weeks as to what my first blog post will be about. Suddenly everywhere I went, every tiny most silly experience became spice for this place and little stories began to formulate themselves in my mind..... But nothing really felt right to start with. And my fear of just starting something new, kept bubbling up from this over-thinking mess I was letting myself believe was my creative thinking, but I wasn't creating.

Walking early one morning, Justin keeping a fast beat for me with "Love Stoned", pushing my body while the air was still cool and the days' happenings hadn't yet happened, it came to me. The monster had not fully awakened and I was in my own dream state as my muscles warmed up and the familiar ache took over. So simple, I realized, I will blog about this very thing: this blog world and why I want to live in it a little.


First, the how: My most beautiful, inspiring sister friend Belle of http://belleanddutch.blogspot.com/ mentioned to me that I should check out some cool blogs she had discovered. I should disclose that we both work in the same office. A particularly DRY and uninspired span of months has overtaken us in this place and we look forward to more of the same for at least the foreseeable future, so what can I say, we look for a little harmless distraction at times.

The why: These blogs offer a most wonderful thing: escape. After a very short time I found myself looking forward to checking out their next post. To follow a bit of drama, silliness, even just plain life. It was never a long narrative, just a blurp of funny, sad, crazy living. A short burst of "get away" in my day.....I thought I could do this.....why just be an observer, a reader, why not be the writer, be the written?


Hell Yes! So, I am not getting married, nor am I having a baby or surviving a tragedy or being inspiring through illness. No great revelation to be found here or awe instilling breakthrough to convey...but what I do have are my small moments, joys that are huge to me and significant too, and there are thousands of them. Because I love to laugh and so I vow (yes pookie, I do vow) to find more and more of the most happy, crazy times. Because they are all over us. When you just have to laugh at it, at them, at yourself. Then laugh all over again as you are typing away and re-living it, even through the tears sometimes......because every day has a thousand of them, and a small escape in each....


House of Folie, for the Nani friend - too funny not to have her own place.


Lovely Obscurities for my passion for reading and the artful things, different but no less significant escapes for me, in photography, a beautiful flower growing in my yard or a sound that feeds me in ways only someone that listens can know.

Cassis et Cacao for the things that are tangible, foolish but necessary, like a piece of chocolate that has the sweetest melting when I am most tired or a lotion with a name like "apricot and cilantro by the sea" that I might find in a magazine and that makes me pause with gladness for just one second.


These things are House of Nani and Nani is me.

1 comment:

  1. Bonjour gente demoiselle , et merci de nous ouvrir le portail de ton blog, le jardin de tes pensées qui fleurissent à merveille par tes écrits .Tu auras le temps de preparer dans les prochains jours ,d'autres fleurs de ton imagination, que nous viendrons lire avec plaisir , Bonnes vacanses ma douce, a bientot ..Bisous .

    ReplyDelete