Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sun is Shinin', the weather is sweet; make you want to move your dancin' feet...





A week away was just what I needed. Sometimes you don't realize how overwhelmed you really are until you are slouched in a lounge chair, staring up at the palm trees swaying in the wind, while the hot Bahamian sun beats itself into your skin...until you fall into a stupor of heat and sultry breeze.
The soft, constant lapping of the carribean sea fades as you breathe slower and every stress, every worry, every sadness you might have felt before vacation seeps out of sight, and all that was ever painful is carried away by the gecko at your feet that scampers, frightened, under the sea grape leaves . ...

This was me. I didn't know where to start, jump in the pool or jump into my book, finally I slept, jumping into nothingness or it jumping into me.

This is really an amazing place. Check out Lovely Obscurities for the beauty and intangibles and for the wonderful food and groovy sensations to Cassis et Cacao .

Rather I want to write about my friendship with T.T. here. Though one friendship had to slip away across the pond in order to make this one grow, I am grateful for the gift within the loss.
Now Nani can be, at times, shall we say, spaced out. It is a constant struggle to stay in orbit for me, and so tiresome - so sometimes I take brief sojourns from myself.

T.T. , my friend, my travel companion this week, understands my lapses, sighs but smiles at my dazes and yells out to me "BON VOYAGE! Enjoy the ride", "Say hello to the man on the moon for me!":

When I purposefully turn off the wireless and then fight with the computer for twenty minutes trying to pull up websites that can't be found...until she nudges me and reminds me that I need the wireless on....yeah, I knew that.

When several sentences in, poolside, she realizes that though looking right at her, unfocused, I am not listening to a word she is staying...so she clears her throat and starts again....but I heard some of the things you said....

When I have to go back to the hotel room again and again to get the eyeglasses that try as I might to find, I will not, as they are perched in my nest of hair, on top of my head...she shakes her head and smiles at me....I have too much hair, and those glasses are itty bitty anyway!

When she gently reminds me that I am in the Bahamas, that I have a beautiful bounty of life to blog about and that I need to feed my soul and write and write and write...but this book is so damn good I can't put it down!

Sometimes it isn't so much about where you are but about who you're with that makes the rest so good.
thank you my dear friend....

thank you T.T. !!!!

3 comments:

  1. anytime.... it was the perfect vacation and I wouldn't have shared it with anyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ! my sweet Nani, I' m so happy for you, We missed you ..Kiss .

    ReplyDelete