Saturday, February 6, 2010

Never Alone

I wanted to talk about friendship and sisterhood.  According to Webster online dictionary, friendship is explained as: "affection arising from mutual esteem and good will".  From the same source, a sister is someone:  "closely allied to, or associated with, another person".

We all need a factual, dry definition of things, but I am going to try here to write about the human truth of what friendship and sisterhood means to me.  And how both are in my heart together.

At times we have losses or personal tragedies that bring us to our knees.  We've all had these devastating moments.  Sometimes life does not make sense and seems to drain from us all the best  without giving anything back.  So these times have happened to me.  But there were blessings in these times.  The friends in my life, those in the guise of my sister girls, or my sweet sister cousins or my dear blood sister - like an extension of myself,  take in with arms extended some of the pain, so that I can breathe easier and live lighter and more free.

These dear friends to me are all sisters ( et ma soeur aussi ).  I know that at any time I can call on them.  Should I want them to just listen to my words, or my sobs, I have nothing to do but to seek them out.  In turn I would listen out for them always, should they call out to me.

They are the ever present, when the moments are the most difficult and when they are the most joyful.  Sometimes darting in out and out of my life, but always near me in spirit.

Life is good when at the end of the day you know you are loved. 

These wonderful, strong women will be along side me without judgement during the pursuit of my craziest dreams.......
Stoop to clean up the most shattered of heartbreaks for me. 
Twirl to happily dance to my most frenzied melodies. 
Patient in their stillness during my most sorrow filled harmonies.

Thank you sisters - you know who you are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment